2016 is a very important year in Ireland, as we remember the events of the Easter Rising 100 years ago. Classes in St. Kevin’s will be learning all about the Easter Rising over the next few weeks.
Take a look at the 1916 Easter Rising Corner at the top left of the blog. There are lots of fun things you can try and explore to learn even more about 1916. Here are some of the things you can click into;
- A Virtual Tour – where you can explore Dublin city now and then through videos, photos and audio files
- Songs and lyrics – practise, learn or just listen to songs written about the Rising
- Videos – watch videos explaining all about what happened, including the people and the places
- 1916 Easter Rising and Dublin Zoo – find out what happened to the animals of Dublin Zoo when the rebellion took place
- 1916 Easter Rising…and Minecraft?! – watch some cool Minecraft videos of two of the most famous buildings where the Rising took place. Could you build them?
Let us know what you think in the comments. Enjoy!
Mr. McCarthy’s 2nd class have been exploring the Titanic in 3D! After researching and sketching their own rooms, they went on a digital scavenger hunt through the mighty ship. Check out the video of our time travelers in action below.
Oh! If you want to explore the Titanic in 3D yourself, click on the picture above. Happy exploring everyone!
This week in St. Kevin’s Computer Club, the group were learning about the different formats that Microsoft Publisher could produce.
The group had 15 minutes to design a poster for the Computer Club using their publisher skills. Well done to Leon Bolger from Mr. O’Neill’s class who won the competition. Have a look at his poster below.
Click on the image above to see the survey 1st, 3rd and 6th classes took part in recently. There were only two questions, but the answers which are displayed on lobby wall are interesting. Below are photos of the survey findings. The result of the surveys are also displayed. Thank you everyone for your honest answers. Click HERE to view 3rd classes results.
Mr. Sheekey’s class visited the computer room today as part of I.T. Week. We have been learning how to write basic computer code. We can now give a series of instructions in order and move different characters around the maze.
We enjoy using computers in class and have our own computer coding account to practise and learn more at home!